23 October, 2009

this one's a doozy

I have had some peculiar and disturbing experiences with guys. Like Andrew, Mr. I'll-hypothetically-ask-you-out-over-text-so-if-you-say-no-it-won't-be-like-I-actually-asked-you. (I said no.) Or the random guy at the mall. "This isn't a pickup line, I promise..." BWA-ha-ha...yeah right. Desperate duck.

But this one isn't quite like the rest. Yesterday I got a text from a number not previously stored in my contact list.

Mystery Person: Whats up
Me: um, who is this?
Mystery Person: M__ J__ what u up to girl
[I must insert: at this point I busted up laughing because it just so happens that this guy's brother used to work for my dad! One of those 'I see you...but you don't see me' things.]
Me: Um, I think you have the wrong number...
No Longer Mysterious Person: whose this
Me: Who do you think it is?
Not At All Mysterious: idk

So I immediately text my older sister and we both enjoy a pretty big chuckle. Perhaps he simply found a random number and decided to text it - to which my dad says "so he took a fifty-fifty chance and hoped it was a girl." Or, he thought it was somebody else and, darn the luck, it was me.

Either way, I got my laugh for the day. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...the nerve of some people! A bit off topic...Yesterday, I got asked by a classmate if I have a boyfriend. I decided to just say, "No" and not offer anymore info about why I don't date, etc.(I often do) and they didn't ask anymore about it. It was so freeing not to feel like I had to justify why I don't have one.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Some guys are crazy!

Sara said...

I know who this was! Are the 2nd letters an "a" and an "o"? Hmmm! Interesting! You could probably spend days trying to figure out if it was intentional or not! Diane and I played a similar "prank" and it led to my marriage! LOL

Anonymous said...

I like the desperate duck one the best...

You/Rachel + guys named Andrew = TROUBLE.