29 October, 2009

thankful

Components of a good day:

  • Early morning encouragement.
  • Meeting a homeschool graduate who works for GU on my way to class. (!!!)
  • A pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks with Mom.
  • A phone call from a sister I really miss, in which we laughed heartily at my suggestion that the rest of our family had been whisked away, considering none of them were answering their phones and it is, after all, Halloween week...(what can I say? My Spanish teacher spent the entire class period telling us ghost stories!)
  • A high school football playoff game. Go Scouts!
  • Driving rain. I hate that piddly, pipsqueak, wanna-be-rain drizzle that we so often have. If it's going to rain, let it be the real deal. I love rain that requires you to put your wipers on full blast.
  • Freedom to laugh.

2 comments:

Abutton said...

I haven't dissappeared! I didn't even see a missed call!

Unknown said...

I love the new layout!