11 December, 2009

"mountains of snow"

There are frequent mornings when my sister and I walk down the stairs to find a little white sheet of paper heralding us from the kitchen counter. It reads something along these lines: "Girls - today please...vacuum the living room. Pick up the bathroom. Sweep the office." The jobs vary, but you get the idea.

This morning, the list said: "shovel the front walks."

Two girls, two walks in need of shovelment. Seems easy enough. Except for one thing. As it happened, one of the sidewalks had your average amount of snow on it, while the other was piled high with snow. It seems the snow had drifted considerably right along that sidewalk. It was up to my hips, and I exaggerate not.

However annoying this problem may seem, it is easily solved if you have an easy-going younger sibling. I casually asked her if it mattered which sidewalk I shoveled, and because she conveniently hadn't seen the front walks yet, I was home free.

Just as I was whisking the last bits of snow off of my walk, I heard a tap at the window. Merrill was glaring out at me as she jerked her thumb towards her walk. I laughed, but then I decided to be a sacrficial sister and help her out. Obviously some good intentions are just not to be. I broke the snow shovel.

Immediately after my brief shoveling escapade, I had to leave for work. When I came home, I found this drawing on my whiteboard.


I am really going to miss this girl when I move to Omaha.

3 comments:

The Von Eight said...

lol!

Anonymous said...

*Smiles* Aren't sisters the best:D

Sheila said...

Heehee! You guys amuse me. :-)