25 August, 2010

*insert Willoughby quote here*

(My apologies on having two goodbye-like posts in a row.  It just happens that way.)

I am doing something this week that I've never really had to do before...say "I'll see you in December" to so many people I love.  Not fun.

First, Liz and her family.  Liz and I have tried regularly to bridge the seventy-five miles between us since we met over a year ago. It's not too far, but it does make spending much time together a bit tricky.  When we do get together, we swing, and stay up much too late watching movies (from Jane Austen to Camp Rock - we have a Camp Rock 2 date, girl!), and go to Fazolis, and last time we got to ride in a limo.  Liz's family is one of the most fun families I know, and I love weekends in Grand Island!


Then on Friday, Dana, who I have only recently gotten to know.  Our first time hanging out, we went on a 28-mile bike ride, saw Inception (see we really haven't been friends for long!), and had an adventuresome time in the park.  The next time we tried our hand at homemade frozen yogurt.  Last week we went mini golfing.  I love her so much, and am so proud of her determination and ability to to shine through darkness all around her.  Dana you inspire me!  



On Saturday, I hugged my two older sisters goodbye.  I am trying not think about it too much.  They are living together in a cute little duplex in Lincoln, each going her separate way in the morning, each coming home in the evening to share a little supper and stories of their days.  They will love living together, and I am a little jealous and a lot sad that I won't be close enough to share suppers and laughs with them more than every few months.

After Sunday night pizza I said goodbye to Vic and Ruth, who have known me since the day I was born, and who I write down on every reference form and emergency contact paper.  

Then tonight, Annie, and her family.  I'm sure if you've read this blog much at all you know about Annie.  We've been having fun together for the past ten years. :) That pretty much sums it up.  I'm going to miss my sunshine girl.

And soon, I'll be waving goodbye to my parents and my younger sister.  I really dread this, but at the same time I know it is what's right for me at this point in my life.  So I'm squaring my shoulders and looking forward with hope, while at the same time anticipating December 17, when the semester ends and I will head home.

3 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I can't imagine doing that...

Here's too no sappy good-byes for us!!

Lil red said...

I do too read your blog! Didn't you see my comment on your last post.

Tony Brott said...

We love Erica Wood! As God often does, He hides blessings in unexpected places.That said, I am sure that the list of people who call themselves Friends of Erica will grow come December when the people in Michigan get to know you. Like all of us here, they will be fans and admirers of Erica Wood.

Love from the Brotts