06 February, 2010

too plain...too weird...bad color...

Yesterday afternoon KathleenKelly prom-dress shopped. And shopped...and shopped. Annie, Merrill and I went along - I think Kathleen invited us for fun, but we all took the opportunity to voice our expert-ish opinions also.

Sometimes I take a picture, look at it, and whilst heaving a sigh of considerable size I think "oh, if only I could take a picture like Stephanie at Grace Photography...or like Bethany Wissmann....but the harsh-reality truth is that I can't. Although these top-notch photographers probably laugh at my feeble attempts, I like to pretend that I can take pretty pictures.


See? (The secret truth is that I have this really superb camera I bought greatly discounted from my sister, but I can't figure out how to use the darned thing...)


I just think this is funny.

I don't know if we were all crabby, or tired, or what...but nobody looks too overjoyed in this picture. Personally, dress shopping is a great way to spend a Friday afternoon - especially if you're with good friends. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!
Being a photographer myself I've found that if you have a good camera you can take pretty good pictures.
I LOVE dress shopping! Did anyone else try on dresses besides Kathleen?

Kathleen Kelly said...

Yay!!! I'm officially famous!! I am so happy that you came with and took such lovely pictures. You are the best!! I am still on major perfect dress withdrawl but I think only time can heal the wound. Or possibly cookies. :D Haha, anyway love you lots!! XOXOXO

Lil red said...

Kathleen, will peanut butter help with the cracks?

Lol Erica. You take better pictures than I do! I still can't get over that picture of me. Wow. I can't make funny faces on command, but I can do hideous ones on accident. :D

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I love the one of you and Annie. :-)

Kourtney Ann said...

Haha! I Love the picture of Merrill!!
It made me laugh! I could just see her standing on one leg saying "TADAH".
It looks like y'all had a great time! I love dress shopping, or really anything that has to do with dresses:P

marmaladeinstead said...

It's even more fun when you're not the one who has to find a dress.... then you can offer all sorts of expert opinions without actually having to make it work. :) Looks like you had a great day!!