09 February, 2010

020910

When crabbiness is swelling up and threatening to overwhelm you, it is advised that you make a list of 14 things that make you happy.

In short, it's good to give thanks.

Tonight's 14:

- the ability to write (a blessing in disguise?)
- an amazing coat to keep me warm when Dad abruptly flips the heat off.
- an hour and a half in a lovely coffee shop chatting with a friend
- a white mocha coffee (latte? cappuccino? who knows.) at said coffee shop
- fresh salad! (the "tomorrow" part in "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we diet!" has arrived.)
- Mom said my hair looked like Molly Gibson's!
- hot tea and brownies (did I say something about a diet? I don't remember saying anything about a diet...) to help me push through a tough assignment
- NEURONS!! they make us work!
- the fact that I am single (oh, you don't know how thankful I am. Just get yourself an older sister who has a boyfriend and you'll be thankful too.)
- pink and orange highlighters! ("highlighter: -n. a felt-tip pen with a wide nib for highlighting passages of printed material in a soft, transparent color." Read: a desperate attempt to learn Psychology.)
- Corry Bouc, the best 4-H leader EVER.
- a brand new phone for FREE! (Mom: "I consider that a minor miracle.") And he transferred all my numbers - free.
- how easy it is to pick up a pair of shorts for Dad...I mean seriously! Just grab the right size and go. It's soooo simple!
- a planner which helps me keep track of every event, deadline and otherwise in my life at present.


As a bonus, I just got an assignment back from my professor, and at the bottom he wrote: "I’ve taken the time to give some extra suggestions on your writing and quoting style because I think you have the desire to learn and excel in any way you can. I’m pleased with your work and look forward to seeing more of it."

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

6 comments:

Miss Alice said...

Wowza!

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like your happy now=D

The Von Eight said...

lol! I just love Molly Gibson and her hair! fun post!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

"- hot tea and brownies (did I say something about a diet? I don't remember saying anything about a diet...)"

I get that :-)

LOL

Moriah A. said...

I agree love Molly Gibson hair...and way to go with the professor! HIGH FIVE dudette!! Way to go!! Do you have a new cell phone number cause if you do I am going to need you to call me so I can change it in my phone...and if you didn't get a new number you can still call me anyway!! Love ya chica!!

JohnR said...

Just grab the right size and go? Is that waist size, or length? What about color or cargo pockets? Maybe I should have been there ...