19 November, 2009

Luis!

Christmas with Compassion

There is a little boy in Nicaragua named Luis Fernando Brenes. He is five years old. He likes to sing, play ball games, and run. He lives with his mom and two siblings.

The best Christmas present Luis could ever receive is a sponsor - someone who will support Luis and his family so he can grow physically and mentally, and spiritually.

I sponsor a child through Compassion International. Her name is Crisleni. Yeah, it costs me money every month to support her, but it is really a small price to pay to release someone from poverty. (Plus I love getting letters from her!) I have been given so much. I live in a wonderful house with a wonderful family. I have all the food I need and clothes and a bed and a job and internet...and if I don't have something I need, I can get it!

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded."

Luke 12:48

I think nearly every reader of my blog can say that they have been given much. And we've all heard it a million times - "it's better to give than receive."

I think a lot of Christians today want to impact the world in a positive way, but aren't sure what to do. (All my fellow Rebelutionaries, I'm talking to you!) Yay! - you don't have to wonder or look any longer - here is your chance to use what God has given you to bless someone else. :)

I am dedicated to finding a sponsor for Luis before Christmas, so that he can receive the coolest Christmas present ever - freedom from poverty. Please let me know if you are interested in sponsoring Luis! I can send you a packet with his picture (he is *really* cute!) and more information. And trust me, even though it seems like a lot of money sometimes, sponsoring a child is something you will never regret.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Have you found a sponsor yet?

Erica said...

No...as soon as finals week is over I am going to get busy looking for one! Are you interested? :)