28 July, 2009

City '09

Where I have been? July 19-24 I was in Lincoln attending City on a Hill, a youth leadership conference. While there I learned about hot topics for Christians today such as evolution, homosexuality, abortion, and the death penalty. I have never before been filled with so much information in one week's time. Someday I will write what I think about these topics, but for now I am still processing everything I have learned.

Along with discovering so much information relating to the Christian worldview, I also learned about how the Nebraska Legislature works. We divided up into two groups, and each group was presented with a bill. Then each group divided again, being either for or against the bill. On Wednesday we walked to the Capitol to present the bills and discuss them. Some of us were the senators on the committees, while others were testifiers. Then, the next day, we went to the Warner Chamber where we all debated the two bills. Not only was it delightfuly fun, but we also got to learn hands-on the process a bill goes through in Nebraska. I loved testifying and I also enjoyed being a senator debating my bill.

There is so much more I want to say and write about City, but it takes a lot of time for me to get my thoughts on paper in a presentable way. Hopefully you will be hearing more soon!

1 comment:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I'm planning on hear details VERY soon.