27 August, 2009

laughing at myself

After two evenings buried well beyond the top of my poll in physics, I was finally done. My homework was written out on five notbook pages, front and back, in the most orderly and neat handwriting known to Yours Truly. I was happy. I could walk into class the next day, boldy hand over my homework, and feel that I had done my best.

Putting all my papers in order before heading to bed, I glanced up at mom. "So...I just give these to him tomorrow? Is there anything else I do?" Instantly, the stupidity of such a statement hit me. Here I am, taking college classes, and I don't even know how to turn in an assignment. My mom informs me this is something one learns in the first grade.

So, she very nicely suggests that I staple all the papers together, considering that there are a fistful and they all have similar math written down on them. Aha! Staple them together! Good idea. Anything else, Mom? She attempts to keep a sober face as she responds: "well...it might be nice to put your name on the top..."

*bangs head against wall*

Seriously. I'm seventeen, taking physics, and my mom has to tell me to write my name on the top of my assignment.

I love being homeschooled. =)

7 comments:

Abutton said...

E, you are making me chuckle this morning. :)

Lil red said...

Two thumbs up for getting through your first week of homework!! I hope I don't ever have to do physics, because I would die...

Yea, I have moments like that too. A PSK will be talking about something related to education, and I won't have a clue about what they are talking about.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Yay for homeschooling!

You make me lol!

Unknown said...

I got a smile out of this so I read it to my mom. She said, "She's a good writer!" : D

Kourtney Ann said...

HAHA! That sounds like something I would do:D

When Kristina was taking her drivers ed chores the instructor told ever one to bubble in there names at the side of the page. Kristina, never having done this before and there for not knowing what that meant, raised her hand and asked. The instructor began in a very patronizing manner "For those of you who are home schooled and don't know these sort of things (that you would do at the beginning of any test)..."

Kourtney Ann said...

P.S. I meant to scold you on the last comment for not telling me that you still had a blog and not just a wordpress!
I am VERY mad at you and you know what a temper I have. So you know I can NEVER forgive you:P

P.S.2 CALL ME!!!

Tiffany said...

Haha! I LOVE it!!! Homeschoolers are awesome! :D I had to get used to writing papers in college too, and one of the things I forgot more than once was not writing my name at the top of the paper! Time crunches (i.e. in-class assignments and essays on tests) were not good for me either! I hated that! *sigh* Oh, the joys of being homeschooled. :)

Love you!