29 June, 2009

song thoughts1

We will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of god
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood.

It's true.

I wish I would dive in - sink or swim. Win or lose. Live or die. And yet my stupid self is constantly holding me down. I'm afraid I haven't an inkling of what it must be like to get swept into that holy flood, so I am simply content with barely dipping my toes over the edge. But at the same time, I am not content with being content!

I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over my head,
I want to be
Caught in the rush,
lost in the flow, in over my head,
I want to go

Dive, Steven Curtis Chapman

God please sweep me into your holy flood, because I'm afraid I won't dive in on my own.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3/16-19




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just discover this blog through your fb account! I had to chuckle because I've been checking your other one periodically all summer for new posts and they've been here all along. : )

Unknown said...

Ops, I meant to post that on your newest post, hopefully you'll still see it. :)